The Brock University Students’ Union will polish its car washing skills next week as it warms up for a major fundraiser.
BUSU volunteers will hit six locations throughout the region for Shine Niagara on Aug. 25, a scaled-down version of Shinerama, which is hosted by BUSU in September and benefits Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
Barbecues and car washes will be held Aug. 25 at:
• Zehrs, 6950 Morrison St., Niagara Falls (barbecue only)
• Beattie’s Basics, 4850 Dorchester Rd., Niagara Falls (car wash only)
• Sobeys, 3714 Portage Rd., Niagara Falls (barbecue and car wash)
• Dairy Queen, 415 Merrit St., St. Catharines (car wash only)
• Momo Cars, 108A Geneva St., St. Catharines (car wash only)
• Zehrs, 821 Niagara St., Welland (barbecue and car wash)
All money raised during Shine Niagara events will also go toward cystic fibrosis research.
For more information or to participate, contact Kelly Butson, Shinerama co-ordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shinerama is the largest fundraiser by post-secondary students. It happens Sept. 7 with the help of more than 800 local students.