President Jack Lightstone was quoted in the “Best in business celebrated” in Niagara This Week on Oct. 28. Lightstone accepted a St. Catharines-Thorold Chamber of Commerce award on behalf of Roy Cairns. He was also quoted in the Niagara This Week article “Long-time philanthropist, lawyer, dies” on Oct. 27. He was also quoted in the article “Roy Cairns, local philanthropist and lawyer, dies at 86” in the St. Catharines Standard.
As part of its fall Convocation coverage, the St. Catharines Standard interviewed new graduate Thilagavathi Chandulal for the article “‘The world is a textbook for me,’ says 80-year-old Brock grad” on Oct. 23.
Fiona Hunter, Biological Sciences professor, was quoted in the article “Tropical diseases in Niagara?” in Niagara This Week on Oct. 21. The article is about the Rothamsted trap.
Here are some recent media appearances by Charles Burton, associate professor of Political Science:
- An interview on “40 years in UN: the change of China’s role on international stage” (it appears after the news) was broadcast on the the Mandarin Service of Radio Canada International on Oct. 25
- OMNI-TV Cantonese News and Mandarin News programs included an interview with Burton about the paper he gave at the University of Toronto on Oct. 18 entitled “Implications for the Government of Canada of Closer Economic Engagement with the PRC.” The paper was also reported in the Chinese language World Daily News (Toronto edition) on Oct. 19 in an article on page A11. and an article in Jianada Jiayuan the same day.
- His views on the Foshan Market incident were quoted in the Globe and Mail editorial “In Foshan, China, a street without a heart” on Oct. 18
- He participated in a panel discussion on China’s hit and run mortality on the Mandarin service of Radio Canada International on Oct. 20. Click here to listen to Burton’s interview (right after the news)
- He participated in a panel discussion on the Foshan Market incident broadcast on the Mandarin service of Radio Canada International. Listen to the pan here (right after the news)