Hosting Visiting Delegations
As the leading university in Niagara region and a major higher education institution serving the educational needs of the communities around us - in Niagara, Ontario, Canada and beyond - Brock University welcomes international groups such as established and prospective partner institutions, government organizations, Consulates/Embassies, educational tour organizers, other co-ordinators of international delegations and visitors who wish to visit our campus.
With more than 150 partnerships across the world and international students, staff and professors at Brock representing more than 80 countries, as well as our physical proximity to one of the most prominent tourist attractions in the world (Niagara Falls), Brock University is committed to providing courteous and professional learning opportunities to international visitors and visiting delegations.
Brock International will assist visitors by:
- Providing leadership and advice for all international protocol matters to Brock faculty and staff.
- Being the principal point of contact to the university for international visitors and delegations.
- Providing the formal invitation letter to the head of the delegation to visit our university (normally required by visiting delegations for visa purposes).
- Liaising with Reponsive Departments or appointed representatives, if applicable, to facilitate the activities for a delegation visit.
- Managing and coordinating all visits with a broader, university-wide or multiple areas of interest.
- Developing a program tailored to meet the needs of the visiting delegation, as well as demonstrate the benefits of the visit to the involved university staff and faculty. follow the "Checklist for International Visiting Delegations" in attached Appendix.
- Maintaining a university database of international visitors and delegations, providing a yearly summary of this type of activity in an Annual Report.
- Arranging for and provide light refreshments or luncheon, as required or appropriate.
- Providing protocol / promotional items to delegation members during visit, as appropriate.
Click here to view the complete Guidelines for International Visiting Delegations (for Brock faculty and staff)
Click here to read more about our past visiting delegations
For more information contact:
Sheila Young, Director & International Liaison OfficerBrock InternationalBrock UniversityTel: 905.688.5550 x 4404 Fax: 905.688.2074Email: firstname.lastname@example.org