From Niagara to the Peoples’ Social Forum
Ottawa, August 21-24
Are you attending the People’s Social Forum from the Niagara Region?
Are you a current student, graduate or supporter of the MA in Social Justice and Equity Studies (SJES)?
Are you interested in documenting and sharing your experiences at the PSF through photography/video, Twitter, blogging and speaking?
Are you looking for financial support to attend the PSF?
The MA in SJES and the Social Justice Research Institute (SJRI) are offering financial support to five activist scholars from Niagara (including at least one from the Tecumseh Centre) to serve as Transdisciplinary Social Justice Witnesses. If selected, you will receive a cheque for $100 ($50 from SJES and $50 from SJRI) upon return from the PSF.
While at the Peoples’ Social Forum, you will:
- provide outreach for the MA in SJES and the Social Justice Research Institute (display a banner, distribute postcards and bookmarks, talk to people about the opportunities to do social justice research at Brock University)
- be a social media presence by tweeting to @BrockSJRI or using the hashtag #BrockPSF2014
- take photos or video and write notes about your experiences
Upon returning, you will:
- write a 500 word blog article describing a key experience at the PSF
- participate in a “photo share” session to reflect and debrief with other participants
- participate in a more formal panel to share your experiences with the Brock/Niagara community
If you are interested, please tell us why you wish to be one of the five Transdisciplinary Social Justice Witnesses at the PSF.
Send your expression of interest to:
Mary-Beth Raddon, Graduate Program Director, MA in Social Justice and Equity Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Hirsch, Projects Facilitator, Social Justice Research Institute, email@example.com
Deadline: August 18, 2014