Applied Health Sciences - Sport Management
* Chard, C., Mallen, C., & Bradish, C. (2013) Marketing and environmental sustainability in the sport sector: Developing a research agenda for action. Journal of Management and Sustainability, 3(1), 33-44.
- Chard, C., & Mallen, C. (2012). Examining the linkages between automobile use and carbon impacts of community-based ice hockey. Sport Management Review, 15(4), 476-484.
- Mallen, C., Chard., & McRoberts, S. (in press). Congruence in sport event environmental policy, formulated strategy and implementation. International Journal of Environmental Cultural, Economic & Social Sustainability.
- Spector, S., Chard, C., Mallen, C., & Hyatt, C. (2012). Socially constructed environmental issues and sport: A content analysis of ski resport environmental communications. Sport Management Review, 15(4), 416-433.
- Mallen, C., & Chard, C. (accepted). Chapter 10: Sustainable event management. In J. Beech, S. Kaiser & R. Kaspar (Eds.). the Business of Events Management. Harlow/Essex, UK: Pearson Education.
- Mallen, C., & Chard, C. (2012). "What could be" in Canadian sport facility environmental sustainabilty. Sport Management Review, 15, 230-242.
- Mallen, C., & Chard, C. (2011). A framework for debating the future of environmental sustainability in the sport academy. Sport Management Review, 14, 424-433.
- Mallen, C., Stevens, J., & Adams, L. (2011). A content analysis of environmental sustainability research in sport management literature. Journal of Sport Management, 25(3), 240-256.
- Paquette, J., Stevens, J., & Mallen, C. (2011). The IOC: An interpretation of environmental sustainability, 1994-2008. Sport in Society, 14(3), 355-369.
- Mallen, C., & Adams, L. (2010). Environmental sustainability education and the sport management academy. Quarterly Greek Review of Oikonomia & Athlitismos, 10(1), 8-22.
- Mallen, C., & Adams, L. (2010). Environmental sustainability education. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Sports: Economic, Management , Marketing and Social Aspects. Athens Institute for Education and Research, May 7-10, 2010.
- Mallen, C., Hyatt, C., & Adams, L. (2010). Investigating the International Olympic Committee's environmental code of conduct for athletes: Likeliness of a varsity athletic programme promoting the code to upcoming Olympians. Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium for Olympic Research, The International Centre for Olympic Studies, University of Western Ontario, October 28-30, 2010.
- Mallen, C., Adams, L., Stevens, J., & Thompson, L. (2010). Environmental sustainability in sport facility management: A Delphi study. European Sport Management Quarterly, 10(3), 367-389.
- Mallen, C., Stevens, J., Adams, L., & McRoberts, S. (2010). An assessment of the environmental performance of an international multi-sport event: Understanding the organizational barriers to event sustainability. European Sport Management Quarterly, 10(1), 97-122.
- Mallen, C., Stevens, J., Adams, L., & McRoberts, S. (2009). Sport event environmental performance: Toward a comprehensive measurement tool. Proceedings of the Kufstein Congress, Hochschule Kufstein, The University of Applied Sciences, Kufstein, Austria, May, 2009.
- Bradish, C., & Mallen, C. (2009). Corporate social responsiblity and important implications for sport marketing. Proceedings of the 7th Annual Conference of the Sport Marketing Association: Addressing Challenges, Providing Solutions, October 28-30, 2009
- Mallen, C. & Adams, L. (Eds.). (2008). Sport, recreation and tourism event management: Theoretical and practical dimensions. Burlington, MA: Butterworth-Heinemann/Elsevier, 272 pages.
- Mallen, C., Bradish, C., & MacLean, J. (2008). Are we teaching corporate citizens? Examining corporate social responsibility and sport management pedagogy. Special Issue on Pedagogy in the International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing, 4(2/3), 204-224.
- Mallen, C., & Crowther, F. (2008). Implementing change-oriented pedagogy in higher educaiton: An exploration of instructors' experiences and perceptions. International Journal of Pedagogies and Learning, 4(3), 13-26.
- Mallen, C., & Adams, L. (2006). Inspiring student insights for change. Academic Exchange Quarterly, 10(3), 214-218.
- Cousens, L., Barnes, M., Stevens, J., Mallen, C., & Bradish, C. (2006, Spring). Who’s your partner? Who’s your ally? Exploring the characteristics of public, private, and voluntary recreation linkages. Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, 24(1), 32-55.
- Mallen, C. (2003). Book Review: The strategic management of intellectual capital and organizational knowledge. C. Choo & N. Bontis (Eds.), Journal of Sport Management, 17(1), 77-79.
- Mallen, C., & Bradish, C. (2003). The collaborative development of dispersed experiential opportunities. Academic Exchange Quarterly, 7(3), 18-22.
- Mallen, C. (2003). Developing a pedagogy for change-based times. The International Journal of Learning, 10, 3295-3303.
Office: STH 449
T 905 688 5550 x3036