Applied Health Sciences - Recreation & Leisure Studies
Research Grant Funding
- Hutson, G. (May, 2011). Office of Research Services/Faculty of Applied Health Sciences Supplemental Funding Award - Exploring Solutions to Outdoor Recreation Sustainability Challenges along the Niagara Escarpment, (awarded $5000).
- Hutson, G. Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Standard Research Grant. A Comparative Case Study of Stakeholders’ Place-Based Meanings and Beliefs toward the Golden Horseshoe Niagara Escarpment as a Sustainable Outdoor Recreation Resource, (4A Status, 2010, Unfunded, 2011).
- Hutson, G., O'Connell, T., & Breunig, M. (December, 2009). Brock University Advancement Fund. Sense of community and leadership styles in outdoor pursuits trip groups, (awarded $2100).
- Hutson, G. (April, 2008). Brock Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Institutional Grant. Stakeholder views toward the Niagara Escarpment as an outdoor recreation resource, (awarded $1057).
Other Funding Obtained
- Hutson G. (in progress). Start up funding for climbing stewardship host program. Niagara Parks Commission, Ontario Rock Climbing Access Coalition, (requested $600)
- Hutson G. (2012). Climbing interpretive exhibit funding, Niagara Parks Commission. Ontario Rock Climbing Access Coalition, (awarded $1000)
- Hutson G. (2011). Graduate student presentation support funding for the Leading Edge Conference (Niagara Escarpment Commission), Ontario Rock Climbing Access Coalition, (awarded $175)
- Hutson G. (2010). Faculty of Applied Health Sciences Speaker Series Funding, Director of the National Outdoor Leadership School Canada, (awarded $500)
Office: STH 342
T 905 688 5550 x4784
F 905 984 4843
SPMA Alumni Social & Executive Panel
March 18, 2014 - 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Courtney Keogh (MA – Sport Management) thesis defence: Friday, March 28, 2014
March 28, 2014 - 10:00am - 1:00pm
Chancellor's Chair Lecture - John Hay
March 31, 2014 - 12:00pm - 1:30pm