Applied Health Sciences - Recreation & Leisure Studies
- Hutson, G., Anderson L., Breunig, M., O'Connell, T., Todd, S., Young, A. (2012). A qualitative exploration of sense of community through reflective journals during wilderness outdoor education curricula. Research in Outdoor Education, 11, 1-17.
- Hutson, G. (2012). The seeds of Leave No Trace grow well beyond the backcountry. In M. Wagstaff, & B. Martin (Eds.), Controversial Issues in Adventure Programming. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- North, C., & Hutson, G. (2011). Environmental myopia: The case for bifocals. Australian Journal of Environmental Education, 27(2), 229-237.
- Hutson, G., & Montgomery, D. (2011). Demonstrating the value of extending qualitative research strategies into Q. Operant Subjectivity: The International Journal of Q Methodology, 34(4), 234-246.
- Hutson, G., & Montgomery, D. (2010). Stakeholder views of place meanings along the Niagara Escarpment: An exploratory Q methodological inquiry. Leisure/Loisir, 34(4), 421-442.
- Hutson, G. (2010). Revisiting the meanings of place for New Zealand place-based outdoor education [Special issue]. New Zealand Journal of Outdoor Education, 2(4), 43-61.
- Hutson, G., Montgomery, D., & Caneday, L. (2010). Perceptions of outdoor recreation professionals toward place meanings in natural environments: A Q-method inquiry. Journal of Leisure Research, 42(3), 417-442.
- Hutson, G., Montgomery, D., & Ward, W. (2009). Making a place for Q methodology in leisure research: A research summary. Journal of Human Subjectivity, 7(2), 123-130.
- Hutson, G., & Bailey, L. (2008). Awakening place awareness during a 30-day wilderness leadership program. International Journal of Wilderness, 14(3), 23-28.
- Thompson, J., Hutson, G., & Davidson, J. (2008). A case study on environmental perspectives of boulderers and access issues at the Niagara Glen Nature Reserve. Australian Journal of Outdoor Education, 12(2), 24-31.
- Hutson, G., & Weber, H. (2008). A day hike designed to promote environmental literacy. Schole: A Journal of Leisure Studies and Recreation Education, 23, 83-86.
- Hutson, G., & Montgomery, D. (2006). How do outdoor leaders feel connected to nature places? A Q method inquiry. Australian Journal of Outdoor Education, 10(2), 29-39.
Office: STH 342
T 905 688 5550 x4784
F 905 984 4843
Evan Webb (MA – Leisure Studies) thesis defence: Monday, May 27, 2013
May 27, 2013 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Jonathan Choptiany (MSc – Kinesiology) thesis defence: Friday, May 31, 2013
May 31, 2013 - 11:00am - 2:00pm
Amber (Alexis) Kerr (MA – Leisure Studies) thesis defence: Tuesday, May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 - 10:00am - 1:00pm