Applied Health Sciences - Recreation & Leisure Studies
Invited Book Chapters:
- Trussell, D. (in press). Sport and community. In R. E. McCarville & K. J. MacKay (Eds.), Leisure for Canadians (2nd Ed).
- Trussell, D. (in press). Youth sport: Visible dads, hidden moms and gendered children. In V. Freysinger, K. Henderson, S. Shaw, & D. Bialeschki (Eds.), Leisure, Women, and Gender (3rd Ed).
- Mair, H., & Trussell, D. (2010). Restoring our collective obligation: Exploring opportunities for addressing homelessness and social housing. In H. Mair, S. Arai, & D. Reid (Eds.), Decentring work: Critical perspectives on leisure, social policy, and human development. Calgary, AB: University of Calgary Press
Articles in Refereed Journals:
- Trussell, D., & Shaw, S. (2012). Organized youth sport and parenting in public and private spaces. Leisure Sciences, 34(5), 377-394.
- Trussell, D. (2012). Contradictory aspects of organized youth sport: Challenging and fostering sibling relationships and participation experiences. Youth & Society, doi: 10.1177/0044118X12453058.
Trussell, D., Sharpe, E., & Mair, H. (2011). Leisure, space and change: Examining a terrain of social struggle and transformation. Leisure/Loisir, 35(2), 91-95.
- Sharpe, E., Trussell, D., & Mair, H. (2011). Leisure, space and change: Foregrounding space in critical leisure scholarship. Leisure/Loisir, 35(1), 1-6.
- Trussell, D. (2010). Gazing from the inside out during ethically heightened moments. Leisure Studies, 29(4), 377-395.
- Trussell, D., & Mair, H. (2010). Seeking judgment free spaces: Poverty, leisure and social inclusion. Journal of Leisure Research, 42(4), 513-533.
- Trussell, D., & Shaw, S. (2009). Changing family life in the rural context: Women’s perspectives of family leisure on the farm. Leisure Sciences, 31(5), 434-449.
- Trussell, D. (2008). Unique ethical complexities and empowering youth in the research process. Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, 26(2), 163-176.
- Trussell, D. & McTeer, W. (2007). Children’s sport participation in Canada: Is it a level playing field? International Journal of Canadian Studies / Revue internationale d'études canadiennes, 35, 113-132.
- Trussell, D. & Shaw, S. (2007). “Daddy’s gone and he’ll be back in October”: Farmwomen’s experiences of family leisure. Journal of Leisure Research, 39(2), 366-387.
Office: STH 350
T 905 688 5550 x4580
F 905 984 4843