SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (my students are underlined):
1. Herbst E.A., R.E.K. MacPherson, P.J. LeBlanc, B.D. Roy, N.H. Jeoung, R.A. Harris, and S.J. Peters. Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase-4 contributes to the recirculation of gluconeogenic precursors during post-exercise glycogen recovery. Am J Physiol Regul Integ Comp Physiol: 306(2):R102-R107, 2014.
2. Miotto, P., L. Castelli, F. Amoye, P.J. LeBlanc, S.J. Peters, B.D. Roy, and W.E. Ward. Maternal high fat feeding does not have long-lasting effects on body composition and bone health in female and male rat offspring at young adulthood. Molecules: 18(12):15094-15109, 2013.
3. MacPherson, R.E.K., R. Vandenboom, B.D. Roy, and S.J. Peters. Skeletal muscle PLIN3 and PLIN5 are serine phosphorylated at rest and following lipolysis during adrenergic or contractile stimulation. Physiological Reports1(4): e00084, 2013.
4. MacPherson, R.E.K., R.V. Ramos, R. Vandenboom, B.D. Roy, and S.J. Peters. Skeletal muscle PLIN proteins, ATGL and CGI-58, interactions at rest and following stimulated contraction. Am J Physiol Regul Integrative Comp Physiol304(8): R644-650, 2013.
5. Farlinger, C., A.J. Lui, R.C. Harrison, P.J. LeBlanc, S.J. Peters, and B.D. Roy. Extracellular hyper-osmotic stress stimulates glucose uptake in incubated fast-twitch mammalian skeletal muscle. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 38: 1-8,2013.
6. Peters, S.J., I.A. Samjoo, M.C. Devries, I. Stevic, H.A. Robertshaw, and M.A. Tarnopolsky. Perilipin (PLIN) family proteins in human skeletal muscle: the effects of sex, obesity and training. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37(4): 724-735, 2012.
7. MacPherson R.E.K., E.A.F. Herbst, E.J. Reynolds, R. Vandenboom, B.D. Roy, and S.J. Peters. Subcellular localization of skeletal muscle lipid droplets and PLIN family proteins (OXPAT and ADRP) at rest and following contraction (in rat soleus muscle). Am J Physiol Regul Integrative Comp Physiol 302: R29-R33, 2012.
8. Herbst, E.A., E.A. Dunford, R.A. Harris, N.H. Jeoung, R. Vandenboom, P.J. LeBlanc, B. Roy, and S.J. Peters. Role of PDK4 in regulating PDH activation during acute muscle contraction. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37(1): 48-52, 2012.
9. Love, L.K., P.J. LeBlanc, J.G. Inglis, N.S. Bradley, J. Choptiany, G.J.F. Heigenhauser and S.J. Peters. The relationship between human skeletal muscle pyruvate dehydrogenase phosphatase activity and muscle aerobic capacity. J Appl Physiol 111(2): 427-434, 2011.
10. Dunford, E., E. Herbst, N.H. Jeoung, W. Gittings, J. Greig Inglis, R. Vandenboom, P.J. LeBlanc, R.A. Harris and S.J. Peters. PDH activation during in vitro muscle contractions in PDH kinase 2 knockout mice: the effect of PDK1 compensation. Am J Physiol Regul Integrative Comp 300(6): R1487-1493, 2011.
11. Lau, V.Y., V.A. Fajardo, L. McMeekin, S.M. Sacco, W.E. Ward, B.D. Roy, S.J. Peters and P.J. LeBlanc. Influence of high fat diet from differential dietary sources on bone mineral desnity, bone strength, and bone fatty acid composition in rats. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 35(5): 598-606, 2010.
12. Stefanyk, L.E., N. Coverdale, B.D.Roy, S.J. Peters, and P.J. LeBlanc. Skeletal muscle type comparison of subsarcolemmal mitochondrial membrane phospholipid fatty acid composition in rat. J Membrane Biol 234: 207-215, 2010.
13. Cermak, N.M., S.J. Peters, R. Vandenboom, P.J. LeBlanc, and B.D. Roy. Effect of extra-cellular osmolality on metabolism in contracting mammalian skeletal muscle in vitro. App Physiol Nutr Metab34(6):1055-64, 2010.
14. Bigrigg, J.K., G.J.F. Heigenhauser, P.J. LeBlanc, J.G. Inglis, and S.J. Peters. Carbohydrate refeeding after a high fat diet rapidly reverses the adaptive increase in human skeletal muscle PDH kinase activity. Am J Physiol Regulatory Integrative Comp Physiol (297): R885-R891, 2009.
15. Gurd, B.J., S.J. Peters, G.J.F. Heigenhauser, P.J. LeBlanc, T.J. Doherty, D.H. Paterson, J.M. Kowalchuk. Prior heavy exercise elevates pyruvate dehydrogenase activity and muscle oxygenation and speeds O2uptake kinetics during moderate exercise in older adults. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol (297): R877-R884, 2009.
16. LeBlanc, P.J., M. Mulligan, A. Antolic, L. MacPherson, J.G. Inglis, D. Martin, B.D. Roy, and S.J. Peters.Skeletal muscle type comparison of pyruvate dehydrogenase phosphatase activity and isoform expression: effects of obesity and endurance training. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp 295(4): R1224-R1230, 2009.