Applied Health Sciences - Kinesiology
- Peters, S.J., M.C. Devries, I.A. Samjoo, I. Stevic, H.A. Robertshaw, and M.A. Tarnopolsky. Perilipin (PLIN) family proteins in human skeletal muscle: the effects of sex, obesity and training. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 47(4): 724-735, 2012.
- MacPherson R.E.K., E.A.F. Herbst, E.J. Reynolds, R. Vandenboom, B.D. Roy, and S.J. Peters. Subcellular localization of skeletal muscle lipid droplets and PLIN family proteins (OXPAT and ADRP) at rest and following contraction (in rat soleus muscle). Am J Physiol Regul Integrative Comp Physiol 302: R29-R33, 2012
- Herbst, E.A., E.A. Dunford, R.A. Harris, N.H. Jeoung, R. Vandenboom, P.J. LeBlanc, B. Roy, and S.J. Peters. Role of PDK4 in regulating PDH activation during acute muscle contraction. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37(1): 48052, 2012.
- Love, L.K., P.J. LeBlanc, J.G. Inglis, N.S. Bradley, J. Choptiany, G.J.F. Heigenhauser, and S.J. Peters. The relationship between human skeletal muscle pyruvate dehydrogenase phophatase activity and muscle aerobic capacity. J Appl Physiol 111(2): 427-434, 2011.
- Dunford, E.C., E.A. Herbst, N.H. Jeoung, W. Gittings, J. Greig Inglis, R. Vandenboom, P.J. LeBlanc, R.A. Harris and S.J. Peters. Pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) activation during in vitro muscle contraction in PDH kinase 2 knockout mice: the effect of PDK1 compensation. Am J Physiol Regulatory Integrative Comp Physiol 300(6): R1487-1493, 2011.
- Bigrigg, J.K., G.J.F. Heigenhauser, P.J. LeBlanc, J.G. Inglis, and S.J. Peters. Carbohydrate refeeding after a high fat diet rapidly reverses the adaptive increase in human skeletal muscle PDH kinse. Am J Physiol Regulatory Integrative Comp Physiol (297): R885-R891, 2009.
- LeBlanc, P.J., M. Mulligan, A. Antolic, L. MacPherson, J.G. Inglis, D. Martin, B.D. Roy, and S.J. Peters. Skeletal muscle pyruvate dehydrogenase phosphatase: effects of obesity and endurance training. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp 295(4): R1224-R1230, 2009.
- Bradley, N.S., G.J.F. Heigenhauser, B.D. Roy, E.M. Staples, J.G. Inglis, and S.J. Peters. The acute effects of differential fatty acids on PDH activity in human skeletal muscle at rest and at the onset of exercise. J Appl Physiol 104(1):1-9, 2008.
- LeBlanc PJ, RA Harris, and SJ Peters. Skeletal muscle fiber type comparison of pyruvate dehydrogenase phosphatase activity and isoform expression in fed and food-deprived rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292(2): E571-E576, 2007.
- Turvey EA, GJF Heigenhauser, M Parolin, and SJ Peters. Elevated n-3 fatty acids in a high-fat diet attenuates the increase in PDH kinase activity in human skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol 98(1): 350-355, 2005.
- Peters SJ, and PJ LeBlanc. Metabolic aspects of low carbohydrate diets and exercise. Nutrition and Metabolism 1:7, 2004.
- Watt, M., G.J.F. Heigenhauser, P.J. LeBlanc, J.G. Inglis, L.L. Spriet, and S.J. Peters. Regulation of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase during prolonged exercise. J Appl Physiol 97: 1261-1267, 2004.
- Peters, S.J. Regulation of PDH activity, isoform expression, diet and exercise. Biochem Soc Trans 31(6): 1274-1280, 2003.
- Peters, S.J., R.A. Harris, P. Wu, T.L. Pehleman, G.J.F. Heigenhauser, and L.L. Spriet. Human skeletal muscle PDH kinase activity and expression during three days of a high-fat/low carbohydrate diet. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281: E1151-E1158, 2001.
- Peters, S.J., R.A. Harris, G.J.F. Heigenhauser, and L.L. Spriet. Muscle fiber type comparison of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase activity and isoform expression in fed and fasted rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp 280: R661-R668, 2001.
- Peters, S.J., T.A. St. Amand, R.A. Howlett, G.J.F. Heigenhauser, and L.L. Spriet. Human skeletal muscle pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase activity increases following a low carbohydrate diet. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 276: E980-E986, 1998.
- Peters, S.J., D.J. Dyck, A. Bonen, and L.L. Spriet. Effects of epinephrine on lipid metabolism in resting skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 275: E300-E309, 1998.
- Spriet, L.L., and S.J. Peters. Influence of diet on the metabolic responses to exercise. Proc Nutr Soc 57:25-33, 1998.
Sandra J. Peters
Office: Walker Complex 272
T 905 688 5550 x4788
F 905 688 8364
Janel Doell (MA – Health & Physical Education) thesis defence: Thursday, December 12, 2013
December 12, 2013 - 9:00am - 12:00pm
Carrie Schachtschneider (MSc – Health Science) thesis defence: Tuesday, December 17, 2013
December 17, 2013 - 9:00am - 12:00pm
Kathryn Humphries (MA – Community Health) thesis defence: Friday, December 13, 2013
December 13, 2013 - 10:00am - 1:00pm