Applied Health Sciences - Kinesiology
- Sullivan, P.J., Jowett, S., & Rhind, D. (2014). Communication in sport teams. In, A. G. and Hackfort, D (Eds), Routledge Companion to Sport and Exercise Psychology (pp. 559-570). New York: Routledge.
- Sullivan, P. J., Feltz, D. L., & Dithurbide, L. (2012). Applying social psychology to sport teams. In F.W. Schneider, J.A. Gruman, and L.M. Coutts (Eds.), Applied Social Psychology (2nd Ed., pp. 113-134). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
- Feltz, D. L., Short, S. E., & Sullivan, P. J. (2007). Self-efficacy in sport: Research Strategies for working with athletes, teams, and coaches. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Sullivan, P. J., Gagnon, M., Gammage, K., & Peters, S. (accepted). Is the effect of behavioral synchrony on cooperative behavior mediated by endorphin activity? The Journal of Social Psychology.
- Gee, C., Leith. L., & Sullivan, P. J. (2015). Predicting within competition aggressive behavior among youth ice hockey players: A multifactorial psychosocial investifation. Athletic Insight, 7, 1-16.
- Sullivan, P. J., LaForge-MacKenzie, K. Feltz, D. & Heung, S. (2015). The preliminary development and validation of the Doping Confrontation Efficacy Scale. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 16, 182-190. doi:10.1016/j.psychsport.2014.04.011
- Sullivan, P. J., Rickers, K., & Gammage, K. (2014). The effect of different phases of behavioral synchrony on pain threshold. Group Dynamics: Theory, Practice and Research, 18, 122-128.
- LaForge-MacKenzie, K., & Sullivan, P. J. (2014). A comparison of the self-efficacy-performance relationship between continuous and non-continuous sport conditions. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 26, 363-375. DOI: 10.1080/10413200.2014.894154
- LaForge-MacKenzie, K., & Sullivan, P. J. (2014). The Relationship between Self-Efficacy and Performance within a Continuous Educational Gymnastics Routine. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology.DOI:10.1080/1612197X.2014.90951
- Sullivan, P. J.,Whitaker-Campbell, T., Bloom, G. A., & Falcão, W. R. (2014). A Confirmatory Factor Analysis of the Coach Behavior Scale for Sport. Journal of Sport Behavior, 37, 1-13
- Lamarche, L., Gammage, K., Sullivan, P. J., & Gabriel, D. (2013). A psychometric evaluation of the Self-Presentational Efficacy in Exercise Scale. Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, 17, 120-134.
- Malete, L., Sullivan, P. J., & LaForge, K. (2013). The Relationships between Coaching Efficacy, Experience, and Behaviors in Scholastic Coaches in Botswana International Journal of Coaching Science. 7, 40-54.
- Sullivan, P. J. (2013). Humor styles as a predictor of satisfaction within sport teams. Humour: International Journal of Humour Research, 26, 343-349.
- Sullivan, P. J., & Rickers. K. (2012). The effect of synchronized activity in groups of teammates and strangers. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 11, 286-291.
- LaForge, K., Sullivan, P. J., & Bloom, G. (2012). Coaching behaviors in Canadian youth sport. Athletic Insight, 14, 251-264.
- Sullivan, P. J., Paquette, K., Holt, N., & Bloom, G. (2012). The relationship between coaching efficacy and perceived leadership behaviors in youth sport. The Sport Psychologist, 26, 122-134.
- Paquette, K., & Sullivan, P. J. (2012). Canadian Curling Coaches’ Use of Psychological Skills Training . The Sport Psychologist, 26, 29-42.
- Jones, M. I., Dunn, J. G. H., Holt, N. L., Sullivan, P. J., & Bloom, G. A. (2011). Exploring the '5Cs' of positive youth development in sport. Journal of Sport Behavior, 34, 250-267.
- Sullivan, P. J., & Short, S. E. (2011). Further Operationalization of Intra-Team Communication in Sports: An Updated Version of the Scale of Effective Communication in Team Sports (SECTS-2). Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41, 471-487.
- Sullivan, P. J., Whitaker-Campbell, T., & MacKay, M. (2010). Physical Literacy in Coaching Education Materials: A Case Study of Canada Basketball. Physical & Health Education Journal, 76(1), 32-35.
- Monsma, E. V., Short, S. E., Hall, C. R., Gregg, M., & Sullivan, P. J., (2009). Psychometric properties of the revised Movement Imagery Questionnaire (MIQ-R). Journal of Imagery Research in Sport and Physical Activity, 4, 1-12.
- Dithurbide, L., Sullivan, P. J., Feltz, D. L., & Chow, G. (2009). Examining the influence of team-referent causal attributions and team performance on collective efficacy: A multilevel analysis. Small Group Research, 40, 491-507.
- Malete, L. & Sullivan, P. J. (2009). Sources of coaching efficacy in coaches in Botswana. International Journal of Coaching Science, 3, 17-28.
- Sullivan, P. J., & Gee, C. (2008). The effects of different coaching education content on the efficacy of coaches. International Journal of Coaching Science, 2, 59-66.
PhD in Applied Health Sciences Thesis Defence – Irene Podolak - August 7, 2015
August 7, 2015 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
PhD in Applied Health Sciences Thesis Defence – Ryan Howard - July 28, 2015
July 28, 2015 - 9:30am - 12:30pm
Karilynn Kluke (MA – Sport Management) thesis defence: Friday, July 10, 2015
July 10, 2015 - 10:00am - 1:00pm