Applied Health Sciences - Kinesiology
- Wilson, P. M., Mack, D. E., & Blanchard, C. M. (2014). Testing motivational processes in commercial weight-loss program users: Is there a “spillover” effect on weight-control behaviours? In R. Morrison, (Ed.), Motivation: Psychology, strategies, and impact on performance (pp. 125-142). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science.
- Mack, D. E., Meldrum, L. A., Wilson, P. M., & Sabiston, C. M. (2013). Physical activity and psychological health in breast cancer survivors: An application of Basic Psychological Needs Theory. Applied Psychology: Health and Well-Being, 5, 369-388.
- Crocker, P. R. E., Brune, S., M., Kowalski, K. C., Mack, D. E., Wilson, P. M., & Sabiston, C. M. (2014). Body-related state shame and guilt in women: Do causal attributions mediate the influence of physical self-concept and shame and guilt proneness? Body Image: An International Journal of Research, 11, 19-26.
- Gunnell, K. E., Crocker, P. R. E., Mack, D. E., Wilson, P. M., & Zumbo, B. D. (2014). Goal contents, motivation, psychological needs satisfaction, well-being, and physical activity: A test of self-determination theory over six months. Psychology of Sport & Exercise, 15, 19-29.
- Gunnell, K. E., Crocker, P. R. E., Wilson, P. M., Mack, D. E., & Zumbo, B. D. (2013). Psychological need satisfaction and need thwarting: A test of basic psychological needs theory in physical activity contexts. Psychology of Sport & Exercise, 14, 599-607.
- Gaston, A., Wilson, P. M., Mack, D. E., Elliot, S., & Prapavessis, H. (2013). Understanding physical activity behaviour and cognitions in pregnant women: An application of self-determination theory. Psychology of Sport & Exercise, 14, 405-412.
- Sylvester, B. D., Mack, D. E., Busseri, M. A., Wilson, P. M., & Beauchamp, M. R. (2012). Health enhancing physical activity, psychological need satisfaction, and well-being: Is it how often, how long, or how much effort that matters? Mental Health & Physical Activity, 5, 141-147.
- Gunnell, K. E., Mack, D. E., Wilson, P. M., & Adachi, J. D. (2012). Leisure-time physical activity and perceived health in people living with osteoporosis. Applied Research in Quality of Life, 7, 391-402.
- Duncan, L. R., Hall, C. R., Wilson, P. M., & Rodgers, W. M. (2012). The use of a mental imagery intervention to enhance integrated regulation for exercise among women commencing an exercise program. Motivation & Emotion, 36, 452-464.
- Gunnell, K. E., Wilson, P. M., Zumbo, B. D., Mack, D. E., & Crocker, P. R. E. (2012). Assessing psychological need satisfaction in exercise contexts: Issues of score invariance, item modification, and context. Measurement in Physical Education & Exercise Science, 16, 219-236. doi: 10.1080/1091367X.2012.693340.
- Mack, D. E., Wilson, P. M., Gunnell, K. E., Gilchrist, J. D., Kowalski, K. C., & Crocker, P. R. E. (2012). Health-enhancing physical activity: Associations with markers of well-being. Applied Psychology: Health & Well-Being, 4, 127-150.
- Ferguson, L., Kowalski, K. C., Mack, D. E., Wilson, P. M., & Crocker, P. R. E. (2012). Women’s health enhancing physical activity and eudaimonic well-being. Research Quarterly for Exercise & Sport, 83, 451-463.
- Wilson, P. M., Sabiston, C. M., Mack, D. E., & Blanchard, C. M. (2012). On the nature and function of scoring protocols used in exercise motivation research: An empirical study of the Behavioral Regulation in Exercise Questionnaire. Psychology of Sport & Exercise, 13, 614-622.
- Pop, J. & Wilson, P. M. (2012). Understanding motivational processes in university rugby players: A preliminary test of the Hierarchical Model of intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation at the contextual level. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching, 7, 89-107.
- Duncan, L. R., Hall, C. R., Fraser, S. N., Rodgers, W. M., Wilson, P. M., & Loitz, C. C. (2012). Re-examining the dimensions of obligatory exercise. Measurement & Evaluation in Exercise & Sport Science, 16, 1-22.
Philip M. Wilson
Office: WC 284
T 905 688 5550 x4997
F 905 688 8364