Applied Health Sciences - Kinesiology
- KLENTROU P., and I.A. LUDWA (2011). Quantitative Ultrasound measurements in young females 14 to
23 years of age. Journal of Women’s Health, 20(5): 677-683.
- GAMMAGE K.L., and P. KLENTROU (2011). Predicting Osteoporosis Prevention Behaviors: Health
Beliefs and Knowledge. American Journal of Health Behavior, 35(3): 371-382.
- MITCHELL C., R. COHEN, R. DOTAN, D. GABRIEL, P. KLENTROU, and B. FALK (2011). Rate of Muscle
Activation in Power- and Endurance-Trained Boys. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, 6: 94-105.
- SILMAN A., J. CAIRNEY, J. HAY, P. KLENTROU, and B. FAUGHT (2011). Role of physical activity and
perceived adequacy on peak aerobic power in children with Developmental Coordination
Disorder. Human Movement Science, 30: 672-681.
- HOLMES B., I.A. LUDWA, K.L. GAMMAGE, D.E. MACK, and P. KLENTROU (2010). Relative importance of body composition, osteoporosis-related behaviors and parental income on bone speed of sound in adolescent females. Osteoporosis International, 21: 1953-57.
- LUDWA I.A., L. CORBETT, YAO M., K. GAMMAGE, B. FALK, and P. KLENTROU (2010). Bone SOS, Bone Turnover and IGF-1 in Adolescent Synchronized Swimmers versus Controls. Pediatric Exercise Science, 22: 421-430.
- CORBETT L., C. MUIR, I.A. LUDWA, M. YAO, B.W. TIMMONS, B. FALK, and P. KLENTROU (2010). Correlates of mucosal immunity and upper respiratory tract infections in girls. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, 23(6): 579-588.
- LIVINGSTONE K., J. PERALTA-HUERTAS, A. PHILLIPS, P. KLENTROU, and D. O’LEARY (2010). Hymodynamic responses to lower body negative pressure in children: a pilot study. Autonomic Neuroscience: Basic and Clinical, 155: 115-120.
- DI GIOVANNI G., B. D. ROY, K.L. GAMMAGE, D. MACK, and P. KLENTROU (2008). Associations of oral contraceptive use and dietary restraint with bone speed of sound and bone turnover in University-aged women. Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism, 33: 696-705.
- KLENTROU P., J. SLACK, B. ROY, and M. LADOUCEUR (2007). Effects of progressive multi-modal exercise training on bone turnover and isokinetic strength, in postmenopausal women. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 15: 287-299.
- KLENTROU P. (2006). Puberty and Athletic Sports in Female Adolescents. Annales Nestlé, 64(2):85-94.
- KLENTROU P., M. CUNLIFFE, J. SLACK, B. WILK, O. BAR-OR, M.J. SE SOUZA, and M. PLYLEY (2004). Temperature regulation during rest and exercise in the cold in pre-menarcheal and menarcheal girls. Journal of Applied Physiology, 96:1393-98.
- CIESLAK T.J., G. FROST, and P. KLENTROU (2003). Salivary cortisol, physical activity and immunity in children. Journal of Applied Physiology, 95: 2315-2320 (Futured by Reuters Press).
Dr. Panagiota (Nota) Klentrou
Professor of Kinesiology and Associate Dean
Research and Graduate Studies
Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
Office: STH 437
T 905 688 5550 x4538
F 905 688 8364
Courtney Keogh (MA – Sport Management) thesis defence: Friday, April 25, 2014
April 25, 2014 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Hayley Morrison (MA – Health & Physical Education) thesis defence: Thursday, April 24, 2014
April 24, 2014 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Lorne Adams Retirement Celebration
April 25, 2014 - 4:00pm - 6:00pm