Applied Health Sciences - Kinesiology
- Francis, N., Sheehan, D., Robinson, D., Johnson, A. (2012). Physical literacy resources for post-secondary students. Ottawa: PHE Canada.
- Wall, J. & Murray, N. (1994). (2nd Ed.). Children and movement: Physical education in the elementary school. Dubuque, IA: Wm. C. Brown Co. Publishers.
- Wall, J. & Murray, N. (1990). Children and movement: Physical education in the elemenatry school. Dubuque, IA: Wm. C. Brown Co. Publishers.
BOOK CHAPTERS (past 5 years)
- Lu, C. Francis, N. & Lodewyk, K. (in press). Movement domains. In D. Robinson & L. Randall (Eds.), Teaching physical education in Canadian schools. Toronto: Thompson Books.
- Francis, N. (2009). What's new within the U? Historical development of games education and current curriocular relevancy of TGfU in Canada. In Hopper, T., Butler, J.,and Storey, B. (Eds.), TGfU... SImply good pedagogy: Understanding a complex challenge (pp. 35- 47). Ottawa: PHE Canada.
ARTICLES in REFEREED JOURNALS (past 5 years)
- Lathrop, A. & Francis, N. (2011). Children who drill, seldom are ill: The rise and fall of the 'female tradition' in Ontario elementary school physical education curriculum; 1890-1990. Historical Studies in Education, 23 (1), 61-80.
- Francis, N. & Lu, C. (2009). The conceptual framework of the Eastern approach in physical education: Ancient wisdom for modern times. Australian Congress of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER) Healthy Lifestyles Journal, 56 (2), 23- 27.
- Mandigo, J., Francis, N., Lodewyk, K. & Lopez, R. (2009). Physical literacy for educators. Physical and Health Education Journal, 75 (3), 27-30.
- Francis, N., & Kentel, J. (2008). The fun factor: Adolescents’ self-regulated leisure activity and the implications for researchers and practitioners. Leisure/ Loisir: Journal of the Canadian Association for Leisure Studies, 32(1), 65-90
- Kentel, J. & Francis, N. (2007). Your choice or mine? Gendered perspectives of parental influences on leisure adolescent activities. Avante, 11 (3), 23-36.
- Francis- Murray, N., Taschuk, H.,& Willoughby, H. (2006). The status of dance as a high school subject in Canada: Teachers’ voices of challenge and celebration. The Physical and Health Education Journal, 72 (3), 26-30.
- Bosacki, S., Murray, N., & Pollon, D. (2006). Sounds good to me: Canadian children’s perceptions of popular music. Music Education Research, 8 (3), 369- 385.
Nancy R. Francis
Office: Walker Complex 282
T 905 688 5550 x4366
F 905 688 8364
Colin Russell (MSc – Kinesiology) thesis defence: Thursday, June 27, 2013
June 27, 2013 - 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Craig Arsenault (MA– Sport Management)thesis defence: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
June 26, 2013 - 9:00am - 12:00pm