Matt Greenway, MD, PhD
Applied Health Sciences - Kinesiology
Matt Greenway, MD, PhD
MD, Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
PhD, Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
2009 Department of Family Medicine, McMaster University
2005 Irish Doctor of the Year for Neuroscience, (Irish bi-annual national)
2005 'Walk to D'Feet MND' Award for 2005 (transatlantic award for most innovative project)
2004 and 2005 Royal Academy of Medicine of Ireland Prize in Neurology
2004 Irish Institute of Clinical Neuroscience Award for Research (annual national award)
2004 European Neurological Society Award for Research in Neurology (European annual award)
2000 Centre for International Health & Cooperation Research Award for research relating to international health
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Cronin S, Greenway M, Andersen PM, Hardiman O. Screening of hypoxia-inducible genes in sporadic ALS. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis; 9(5):299-305, 2008.
- Broom WJ, Greenway M, Sadri-Vakili G, Russ C, et al. 50bp deletion in the promoter for superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) reduces SOD1 expression in vitro and may correlate with increased age of onset of sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis; 9(4):229-37, 2008.
- Cronin S, Berger S, Ding J, Schymick JC, Washecka N, Hernandez DG, Greenway M, Bradley DG, Traynor BJ, Hardiman O. A genome-wide association study of sporadic ALS in a homogenous Irish population. Human Molecular Genetics; 17(5):768-74, 2008.
- Cronin S, Greenway M, Prehn JH, Hardiman O. Paraoxonase promoter and intronic variants modify risk of sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery Psychiatry; 78(9):984-6, 2007.
- McKeon A, Ozelius LJ, Hardiman O, Greenway M, Pittock SJ. Heterogeneity of presentation and outcome in the Irish rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism kindred. Movement Disorders; 22(9):1325-7, 2007.
- Hardiman O, Greenway M. The complex genetics of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Lancet Neurology; 6(4):291-2, 2007.
- Cronin S, Greenway M, Ennis S, Kieran D, Green A, Prehn JH, Hardiman O. Elevated serum angiogenin levels in ALS. Neurology; 67(10):1833-6, 2006.
- Greenway M, Andersen P, Russ C, Ennis S, et al. ANG mutations segregate with familial and ‘sporadic’ amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Nature Genetics; 38(4):411-3, 2006.
- Greenway M, Hardiman O. Celtic Mutations. Nature; 440:130, 2006
RECENT RESEARCH PROJECTS & GRANTS
2007 Health Research Board of Ireland, Co-investigator transatlantic project grant
2007 Muscular Dystrophy Association (USA), Co-investigator transatlantic project grant
2005-2006 Enterprise Ireland Proof of Concept Grant, Co-investigator relating to patent application