Applied Health Sciences - Kinesiology
- Lodewyk, K.R., & Pybus, C. (2013). Investigating factors in the retention of students in high school physical education. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 32, 61-77.
- Lodewyk, K.R. (In press). Increasing participation in after-school sport and physical activity among children and youth: A case study of providers in Ontario, Canada. Phenex.
- Lu, C., Francis, N., & Lodewyk, K.R. (In Press). Movement domains. In D. Robinson & L.Randall (Eds.). Physical Education in Canadian Schools. Thomson Publishing.
- Ning, W., Gao, Z., & Lodewyk, K.R. (2013). Associations between socio-motivational factors, physical education activity levels and physical activity behavior among youth. International Council for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport, and Dance Journal of Research, 7(1), 3-10.
Pirrie, A.M., & Lodewyk, K. (2012). Links between cognitive function and moderate-to-vigorous physical activity in elementary physical education. Mental Health and Physical Activity Journal, 5, 93-98.
- Lodewyk, K. (2012). Youth sport coaching for educational physical literacy. Coaches Plan Journal, (19(1), 40-41.
- Lu, C. & Lodewyk,K. (2012). Physical education programs in Canada. European Journal of Physical and Health Education: Social Perspective, 1(1), 15-22.
- Gao, Z., Liu, Y., Lodewyk, K., et al. (2011). Reliability and validity of outcome expectancy-related measures in physical education. Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, 15, 155-167.
- Lodewyk, K. (2011). An analysis of correlations among secondary school physical and health education teachers' beliefs and instruction. Teaching and Learning Journal, 6(1), 62-73.
- Lodewyk, K., & Sullivan, P. (2010). Considering beliefs about epistemology, ability, and the need for cognition as achievement-related factors in university physical education students. Phenex, 2(2), 1-21.
- Lodewyk, K., & Gao, Z. (2010). Reflective persistence mediating the role of values on achievement in secondary physical education students. European Journal of Physical and Health Education: Social and Humanistic Perspective, 3, 5-12.
- Lodewyk, K., Gammage, K., & Sullivan, P. (2009). Relations between Body Size Discrepancy, Gender, and Indices of Motivation and Achievement in High School Physical Education. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 28(4), 362-377.
- Lodewyk, K., Lu, C., & Kentel, J. (2009). Enacting the spiritual dimension in physical education. The Physical Educator, 66(4), 170-179.
- Lodewyk, K. (2009). Fostering critical thinking in physical education students. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance. American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 80(8), 12-18.
- Lodewyk, K. (2009). Exploring relations among achievement and beliefs about epistemology and ability in high school physical education students. The Physical Educator, 66(3), 124-138.
- Lodewyk, K. (2009). Relations among beliefs about epistemology and value for TGfU in university students. In T. Hopper, J. Butler, & B. Storey (Eds.,), TGfU… Simply Good Pedagogy: Understanding a Complex Challenge (pp. 207-216). Ottawa, ON: Physical and Health Education Canada.
- Lodewyk, K., Jamieson-Noel, D. & Winne, P. H. (2009). High school students' motivation and use of learning strategies during work on differently structured tasks. Educational Psychology, 29(1), 1-25.
- Gao, Z., Lodewyk, K. & Zhang, T. (2009). The role of self-efficacy and incentives in secondary school students’ intentions and effort in physical education. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 28, 3-20.
Office: Walker Complex (WC) 281
T 905 688 5550 x5220
F 905 688 8364