Centre for Health and Well-Being
- Lodewyk, K.R. & Sullivan, P. (in press). Anxiety, Self-Efficacy, and Perceived Fitness Associations by Gender and Body Size Discrepancy in High School Physical Education. Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy (July, 2015). Lodewyk, K.R. (in press). Relations among Epistemic Beliefs and Instructional Approaches to Teaching Games in Prospective Physical Educators. The Physical Educator (July, 2015).
- Zhang, P., Xiang, P., Lodewyk, K.R., Huiping, S., & Gao, Z. (2015). Examining Psychosocial Correlates of Adolescent Girls’ Physical Activity Levels. Obesity and Control. Control Open Access 1:105
- Lodewyk, K.R. & Gao, Z. (2013). Fitness-specific epistemic beliefs, effort regulation, outcomes, and indices of motivation in high school physical education. International Council for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport, and Dance Research Journal (8 (2), 3-11.
- Lodewyk, K.R., & Pybus, C. (2013). Investigating factors in the retention of students in high school physical education. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 32, 61-77.
- Lodewyk, K.R. (2013). Increasing participation in after-school sport and physical activity among children and youth: A case study of providers in Ontario, Canada. Phenex.5(2): 45-54
- Lu, C., Francis, N., & Lodewyk, K.R. (2013). Movement domains. In D. Robinson & L.Randall (Eds.). Physical Education in Canadian Schools. Thomson Publishing.
- Ning, W., Gao, Z., & Lodewyk, K.R. (2013). Associations between socio-motivational factors, physical education activity levels and physical activity behavior among youth. International Council for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport, and Dance Journal of Research, 7(1), 3-10.
Pirrie, A.M., & Lodewyk, K. (2012). Links between cognitive function and moderate-to-vigorous physical activity in elementary physical education. Mental Health and Physical Activity Journal, 5, 93-98.
- Lodewyk, K. (2012). Youth sport coaching for educational physical literacy. Coaches Plan Journal, (19(1), 40-41.
- Lu, C. & Lodewyk,K. (2012). Physical education programs in Canada. European Journal of Physical and Health Education: Social Perspective, 1(1), 15-22.
- Gao, Z., Liu, Y., Lodewyk, K., et al. (2011). Reliability and validity of outcome expectancy-related measures in physical education. Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, 15, 155-167.
- Lodewyk, K. (2011). An analysis of correlations among secondary school physical and health education teachers' beliefs and instruction. Teaching and Learning Journal, 6(1), 62-73.
- Lodewyk, K., & Sullivan, P. (2010). Considering beliefs about epistemology, ability, and the need for cognition as achievement-related factors in university physical education students. Phenex, 2(2), 1-21.
- Lodewyk, K., & Gao, Z. (2010). Reflective persistence mediating the role of values on achievement in secondary physical education students. European Journal of Physical and Health Education: Social and Humanistic Perspective, 3, 5-12.
- Lodewyk, K., Gammage, K., & Sullivan, P. (2009). Relations between Body Size Discrepancy, Gender, and Indices of Motivation and Achievement in High School Physical Education. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 28(4), 362-377.
- Lodewyk, K., Lu, C., & Kentel, J. (2009). Enacting the spiritual dimension in physical education. The Physical Educator, 66(4), 170-179.
- Lodewyk, K. (2009). Fostering critical thinking in physical education students. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance. American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 80(8), 12-18.
- Lodewyk, K. (2009). Exploring relations among achievement and beliefs about epistemology and ability in high school physical education students. The Physical Educator, 66(3), 124-138.
- Lodewyk, K. (2009). Relations among beliefs about epistemology and value for TGfU in university students. In T. Hopper, J. Butler, & B. Storey (Eds.,), TGfU… Simply Good Pedagogy: Understanding a Complex Challenge (pp. 207-216). Ottawa, ON: Physical and Health Education Canada.
- Lodewyk, K., Jamieson-Noel, D. & Winne, P. H. (2009). High school students' motivation and use of learning strategies during work on differently structured tasks. Educational Psychology, 29(1), 1-25.
- Gao, Z., Lodewyk, K. & Zhang, T. (2009). The role of self-efficacy and incentives in secondary school students’ intentions and effort in physical education. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 28, 3-20.
Co-Director of the Centre for Healthy Development - SPA Office: Walker Complex (WC) 246
T 905 688 5550 x5220
F 905 688 8364