Applied Health Sciences
- Cline, L., Mandigo, J. L., Klentrou, N., & Roy, B. (2015). A school based type 2 diabetes prevention program for Canadian elementary students. PHEnex, 6(3), 1-15.
- Mandigo, J. L., Corlett, J., Ticas, P., & Vasquez, R. (2014). The role of physical education in the prevention of youth violence. A life-skills based approach in El Salvador. Chapter in K. Young & C. Okada (Eds.). Sport, Social Development and Peace (pp. 103-126). Bingley, UK: Emerald.
- Mandigo, J.L., & Lathrop, A. (2014). Physical Literacy and it’s Relevance to Physical Education Curriculum and Pedagogy in Canada. Chapter in M. Chin & C. R. Edington (Eds). Physical Education and Health: Global Perspectives and Best Practices (pp. 93-108). Urbana, IL: Sagamore.
- Mandigo, J. L., Harber, V., Higgs, C., Kriellaars, D., & Way, R. (2013). Physical literacy within the educational context in Canada. ICSSPE Bulletin - Journal of Sport Science and Physical Education, 65, p. 360-366. Retrieved from https://www.icsspe.org/content/no-65-cd-rom
- Corlett, J. & Mandigo, J.(2013). A day in the life. Teaching physical literacy. Physical and Health Education Journal, 78(4), 18-24.
- Andre, M., & Mandigo, J. (2013). Analyzing the learning of the taking personal and social responsibility model within a new physical education undergraduate degree program in El Salvador. The Physical Educator, 70(2), 107-134.
- Fletcher, T., Mandigo, J., & Kosnik, D. (2013). Elementary classroom teachers and physical education: Change in teacher-related factors during pre-service teacher education. Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy, 18(2), 169-183.
- Fletcher, T., & Mandigo, J. (2012). The primary school teacher and physical education: A review of research and implications for Irish physical education. Irish Educational Studies Journal, 31(3), 363-376.
- Mandigo, J. L., Corlett, J., & Lathrop, A. (2012). Physical Education in the 21st Century: To Infinity and Beyond? In E. Singleton & A. Varpalotai (Eds.). Pedagogy for the moving body (pp. 15 - 44). London, ON: Althouse.
- Sharpe, E., Forrester, S., & Mandigo, J. L. (2011). Engaging community providers to create more active after-school environments: Results from the Ontario CATCH Kids Club Implementation project. Journal of Active Living Research,8(Suppl), S26-S31.
- Mandigo, J. L., Corlett, J. (2010). Understanding of what? TGfU’s role in the development of physical literacy. In J. Butler & L. Griffin (Eds.). More teaching games for understanding: Theory, research, and practice (pp. 69-88). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Mandigo, J. L. (2010). R. Tait McKenzie Scholarly Address: Putting the education back into the physical.Physical and Health Education Journal, 76(4), 36-41.
- Hurley, V., & Mandigo, J. L. (2010). Bullying in physical education: Its prevalence and impact on the intention to continue secondary school physical education. PHEnex, 2(3).
- Mandigo, J. L. (2010). Presenting the evidence: Quality physical education for Canadian children and youth. Position statement by: Physical and Health Education Canada. PHEnex, 2(1).
- Mandigo, J. L., Corlett, J., Hobin, E., & Sheppard, J. (2010). The role of physical education teacher preparation in the prevention of youth violence in El Salvador. PHEnex, 2(1).
- Mandigo, J. L., Francis, N., Lodewyk, K., & Lopez, R. (2009). Physical literacy for educators. Physical and Health Education Journal, 75(3), 27-30.
Carly Cameron (MSc – Kinesiology) thesis defence: Thursday, October 8, 2015
October 8, 2015 - 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Stephanie Pyke (MA – Nursing) thesis defence: Wednesday, November 11, 2015
November 11, 2015 - 10:00am - 1:00pm
Matthew Ventresca (MSc – Health Sciences) thesis defence: Thursday, September 24, 2015
September 24, 2015 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm