Applied Health Sciences - Kinesiology
- van Ingen, C. (2011). “‘Dixie Kid’ Aaron Brown: A Bluesman in Life and a Jazzman in the Ring”. In Colleen Aycock & Mark Scott (eds.) The First Black Boxing Champions: Essays on Fighters of the 1800s to the 1920s. London: McFarland Publishing. pp. 129-144.
- Friedman, M. & van Ingen, C. (forthcoming, 2011). “Bodies in Space: Spatializing Physical Cultural Studies”. Upcoming special issue in Sociology of Sport Journal. (Vol. 28, No. 1).
- van Ingen, C. (forthcoming, 2011). “Spatialities of Anger: Emotional geographies in a boxing program for survivors of violence”. Sociology of Sport Journal. (Vol 28, No.1).
- van Ingen, C. (2010). “Shape Your Life and Embrace Your Aggression: A boxing program for female and trans survivors of violence” Women in Sport and Physical Activity Journal. (Vol. 19, No 2).
- Halas, J. & C. van Ingen (2009). “Gentle Interventions: Reclaiming disengaged youth at an adolescent treatment centre/school”. Reclaiming Children and Youth.
- van Ingen, C. (2008). “Poker Face: Gender, Race and Representation in Online Poker”. Leisure/Loisir. (Vol. 32, No. 1), pp. 3-21.
- van Ingen, C. & J. Halas (2006). “Claiming Space: Aboriginal Students within School Landscapes”. Children’s Geographies. (Vol. 4. No. 3), pp. 379-398.
- van Ingen, C. (2006). “Gambling on the Edge: The Moral Geography of a First Nations casino in ‘Las Vegas North’”. In Cheryl Teelucksingh (ed.) Claiming Space: Racialization and Spatiality in Canadian Cities. Waterloo: Wilfrid Laurier University Press. pp. 153-172.
- van Ingen, C. (2004). “Therapeutic Landscapes and the Regulated Body in the Toronto Front Runners”. Sociology of Sport Journal. (Vol. 21, no.3), pp. 253-269.
- Halas, J., L. Champagne & C. van Ingen (2004) “The experience of physical education for Aboriginal Youth: The unfulfilled potential of physical education” in The Physical and Health Education Journal. (Vol. 70, No. 2), pp. 43-44.
- van Ingen, C. (2003). “Geographies of Gender, Sexuality and Race: Reframing the Focus on Space in Sport Sociology”. International Review for the Sociology of Sport. (Vol. 38, Issue 2), pp. 201-216.
Cathy Van Ingen
Office: Walker Complex 278
T 905 688 5550 x4981
F 905 688 8364
Evan Webb (MA – Leisure Studies) thesis defence: Monday, May 27, 2013
May 27, 2013 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Jonathan Choptiany (MSc – Kinesiology) thesis defence: Friday, May 31, 2013
May 31, 2013 - 11:00am - 2:00pm
Amber (Alexis) Kerr (MA – Leisure Studies) thesis defence: Tuesday, May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 - 10:00am - 1:00pm