Applied Health Sciences - Kinesiology
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) and Bone Health: A Review. Roy, B.D. and A. Antolic. Current Topics in Nutraceutical Research. Vol. 7, No. 1: 27-36, 2009.
- Milk: the new sports drink? Roy, B.D. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 5:15, 2008.
- Conjugated linoleic acid prevents growth attenuation induced by corticosteroid administration and increases bone mineral content in young rats. Roy, B.D., J. Bourgeois, C. Rodriguez, E. Payne, K. Young, S.G. Shaughnessy, and M.A. Tarnopolosky. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 33(6): 1096-104, 2008.
- Skeletal muscle type comparison of pyruvate dehydrogenase phosphatase activity and isoform expression: effects of obesity and endurance training. Leblanc, P.J., M. Mulligan, A. Antolic, L. Macpherson, J.G. Inglis, D. Martin, B.D. Roy, and S.J. Peters. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 295(4): R1224-30, 2008.
- The effect of extracellular osmolality on cell volume and resting metabolism in mammalian skeletal muscle. Antolic A, Harrison R, Farlinger C, Cermak NM, Peters SJ, LeBlanc P, Roy BD. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 292(5):R1994-2000, 2007.
- Creatine Monohydrate and Conjugated Linoleic Acid Improve Strength and Body Composition Following Resistance Exercise in Older Adults. Tarnopolsky,M, A. Zimmer, J. Paikin, A. Safdar, A. Aboud, E. Pearce, B. Roy, and T. Doherty. PLoS ONE. Oct 3;2(10):e991, 2007.
- Dietary supplementation with creatine monohydrate prevents corticosteroid-induced attenuation of growth in young rats. B.D. Roy, J.M. Bourgeois, D.J. Mahoney, and M.A. Tarnopolsky. Can. J. Physiol. Pharmacol. Vol. 80, No. 10, 1008-1014, 2002.
- Creatine monohydrate increases bone mineral density in young Sprague-Dawley rats. Antolic A, Roy BD, Tarnopolsky MA, Zernicke RF, Wohl GR, Shaughnessy SG, Bourgeois JM. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 39(5):816-20, 2007.
Brian D. Roy
Office: Walker Complex 270
T 905 688 5550 x3779
F 905 688 8364
Courtney Keogh (MA – Sport Management) thesis defence: Friday, April 25, 2014
April 25, 2014 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Hayley Morrison (MA – Health & Physical Education) thesis defence: Thursday, April 24, 2014
April 24, 2014 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Lorne Adams Retirement Celebration
April 25, 2014 - 4:00pm - 6:00pm