Applied Health Sciences - Health Sciences
- Abara, E., Narushima, M, & Abara, E. O (2010). Patterns of computer and Internet usage among urology patients in two rural northern Ontario communities. Canadian Urological Association Journal, February, 4 (1), 37-41.
- Narushima, M. (2008), More than nickels and dimes: The health benefits of a community-based lifelong learning programme for older adults, International Journal of Lifelong Education 27, 7, 673-692.
- Narushima, M. (2008). Koreisha no gakushuken to kenko: Toronto Gakku Kyoiku Iinkai no Koreisha Kouza kara no ichikosatsu [=The right to learn and health of older adults in local communities: An analysis of the Seniors’ Daytime Program of the Toronto District School Board]. Journal of Studies on Canadian Education, 6. May, 12-26.
- Narushima, M. (2006). Kanada no shikiji kyokiku: seifu to NPO no renkei[=Adult literacy education system in Canada: collaborative interactions between governments and non-profit literacy organizations.] in R. Sekiguchi and K. Namita (eds.) Tabunka Shakai Kanada no kokugo kyoiku [=Official Language Education in Multicultural Canada]. Tokyo: Toshindo. 235-258. Canadian Prime Minister Award for Publishing in Japan.
- Narushima, M. (2005). "Payback time": community volunteering among older adults as a transformative mechanism. Ageing & Society, 25, July. 567-584.
- Narushima, M. (2004). A Gaggle of Raging Grannies: empowerment of older Canadian women in social activism. International Journal of Lifelong Education, 23, 1. 23-42.
- Narushima, M. (2004). Chiiki to koreisha no gakushu [=Community and lifelong learning among older people]. Journal of Studies on Canadian Education, 3. March. 17-33.
- Narushima, M. (2003). Kanada no shogai gakushu shakai no tenkai - The development of Canadian lifelong learning society]. In Kobayashi, J. et al. (eds.) Education in Canada toward the 21st Century, Vol. 2. Tokyo: Toshindo. 148-158. Canadian Prime Minister Award for Publishing, 2002-2003 in Japan.
Office: STH 305
T 905 688 5550 x5149
F 905 688 8954
Courtney Keogh (MA – Sport Management) thesis defence: Friday, March 28, 2014
March 28, 2014 - 10:00am - 1:00pm
Chancellor's Chair Lecture - John Hay
March 31, 2014 - 12:00pm - 1:30pm
Lorne Adams Retirement Celebration
April 25, 2014 - 4:00pm - 6:00pm