Applied Health Sciences - Health Sciences
- Tayab, A. & Narushima, M. (2015) Here for the residents: A case study of cultural competence of personal support workers in a long-term care home. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 26(2). 146-156.
- Narushima, M. (2014) A review of three films: Raging Grannies -The Action League (Pam Walton, 2010), In Bed with a Mosquito (Sarah Frank, 2008), and Abuelas: Grandmothers on a Mission (Naomi Weis, 2012). Films for the Feminist Classroom. Spring. Issue. 5.1. Available at: http://ffc.twu.edu
- Narushima, M., & Sanchez, A. L. (2014) Employers' paradoxical view about temporary foreign migrant workers' health: A qualitative study in rural farms in Southern Ontario. International Journal for Equity in Health. Available at: http://www.equityhealthj.com/content/14/1/65
- Narushima, M., Wong, J. P-H, Li, A. & Sutdhibhasilp, N. (2014) Sustainable capacity building among immigrant communities: The Raising Sexually Healthy Children Program in Canada. Health Promotion International, 29 (1). 26-37.
- Narushima, M., Liu, J. & Diestelkamp, N. (2013). Motivation and perceived benefits of older learners in a public continuing education program: Influences of gender, income, and health. Educational Gerontology, 39(8), 569-584.
- Narushima, M., Liu,J., & Diestelkamp, N. (2013). Association between lifelong learning and psychological well-being among older adults: Implications for interdisciplinary health promotion in an aging society. Activity, Adaptation & Aging, 37(3), 239-250.
- Narushima,M., Liu, J., & Diestelkamp, N. (2011). A portrait of older learners in a public continuing education. Journal of Studies on Canadian Education, 8. Nov., 53-61.
- Abara, E., Narushima, M, & Abara, E. O (2010). Patterns of computer and Internet usage among urology patients in two rural northern Ontario communities. Canadian Urological Association Journal, February, 4 (1), 37-41.
- Narushima, M. (2008), More than nickels and dimes: The health benefits of a community-based lifelong learning programme for older adults, International Journal of Lifelong Education 27, 7, 673-692.
- Narushima, M. (2008). Koreisha no gakushuken to kenko: Toronto Gakku Kyoiku Iinkai no Koreisha Kouza kara no ichikosatsu [=The right to learn and health of older adults in local communities: An analysis of the Seniors’ Daytime Program of the Toronto District School Board]. Journal of Studies on Canadian Education, 6. May, 12-26.
- Narushima, M. (2006). Kanada no shikiji kyokiku: seifu to NPO no renkei[=Adult literacy education system in Canada: collaborative interactions between governments and non-profit literacy organizations.] in R. Sekiguchi and K. Namita (eds.) Tabunka Shakai Kanada no kokugo kyoiku [=Official Language Education in Multicultural Canada]. Tokyo: Toshindo. 235-258. Canadian Prime Minister Award for Publishing in Japan.
- Narushima, M. (2005). "Payback time": community volunteering among older adults as a transformative mechanism. Ageing & Society, 25, July. 567-584.
- Narushima, M. (2004). A Gaggle of Raging Grannies: empowerment of older Canadian women in social activism. International Journal of Lifelong Education, 23, 1. 23-42.
- Narushima, M. (2004). Chiiki to koreisha no gakushu [=Community and lifelong learning among older people]. Journal of Studies on Canadian Education, 3. March. 17-33.
- Narushima, M. (2003). Kanada no shogai gakushu shakai no tenkai - The development of Canadian lifelong learning society]. In Kobayashi, J. et al. (eds.) Education in Canada toward the 21st Century, Vol. 2. Tokyo: Toshindo. 148-158. Canadian Prime Minister Award for Publishing, 2002-2003 in Japan.
Office: STH 305
T 905 688 5550 x5149
F 905 688 8954
Bridging Classroom and Community Learning in Recreation 2015
November 13, 2015 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
PhD in Health Biosciences Thesis Defence – Geoffrey Hartley
December 15, 2015 - 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Presentation: Gut Microbiota-Bone Axis: Dietary Modulation
November 11, 2015 - 10:30am - November 13, 2015 - 1:00pm