Applied Health Sciences - Health Sciences
Selected recent publications from 2011 on:
- The National Lung Screening Trial Team. The National Lung Screening Trial: Overview and study design. Radiology. 2011;258(1):243-53. (Dr. Tammemagi is listed in PubMed as an author and appears in the authorship Appendix.)
- Tammemagi MC, Lam S, McWilliams A, Sin D. Incremental value of pulmonary function and sputum DNA image cytometry in lung cancer risk prediction.Cancer Prevention Research. 2011:4(4);1-11.
- Tammemagi CM, Pinsky PF, Caporaso NE, Kvale PA, Hocking WG, Church TR, Riley TL, Commins J, Oken MM, Berg CD, Prorok PC. Lung cancer risk prediction: prostate, lung, colorectal and ovarian cancer screening trial models and validation. Journal of the National Cancer Institute.2011;103(13):1058-68.
- Buys SS, Partridge E, Black A, Johnson CC, Lamerato L, Isaacs C, et al. Effect of screening on ovarian cancer mortality: the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Cancer Screening Randomized Controlled Trial. JAMA: the journal of the American Medical Association. 2011; 305(22): 2295-303. (Dr. Tammemagi listed in PubMed as an author.)
- The National Lung Screening Trial Research Team. Reduced Lung-Cancer Mortality with Low-Dose Computed Tomographic Screening. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2011;365(5):395-409. (Dr. Tammemagi is listed in PubMed as an author and is described on page 9 of Supplemental Appendix as Co-Investigator / Epidemiologist.)
- Braithwaite D, Satariano WA, Sternfeld B, Hiatt RA, Ganz PA, Kerlikowske K, Moore DH, Slattery ML, Tammemagi M, Castillo A, Melisko M, Esserman L, Weltzien EK, Caan BJ.Smoking and survival after breast cancer diagnosis: a prospective observational study and systematic review. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. Nov 2012;136(2):521-533.
- Barry SA, Tammemagi MC, Penek S, Kassan EC, Dorfman CS, Riley TL, Commin J, Taylor KL. Predictors of adverse smoking outcomes in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Nov 7 2012;104(21):1647-1659.
- Tammemagi MC, Katki H, Hocking W, Church T, Caporaso N, Kvale P, Chaturvedi A, Riley T, Commins J, Berg C. Selection criteria for lung-cancer screening. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;368(8):728-36.
- Lam S, McWilliams A, Mayo J, Tammemagi M. Computed tomography screening for lung cancer: what is a positive screen? Annals of Internal Medicine. 2013;158:289-90.
- Kovalchik SA, Tammemagi M, Berg CD, Caporaso NE, Riley TL, Korch M, Silvestri GA, Chaturvedi AK, Katki HA. Targeting of low-dose CT screening according to the risk of lung-cancer death. New England Journal of Medicine.2013;369(3):245-54.
- Jin GY, Lynch D, Chawla A, Garg K, Tammemagi MC, Sahin H, Misumi S, Kwon KS. Interstitial Lung Abnormalities in a CT Lung Cancer Screening Population: Prevalence and Progression Rate. Radiology. 2013;268(2):563-71.
- de Koning H, Meza R, Plevritis S, ten Haaf K, Munshi V, Jeon J, Erdogan S, Kong C, Han S, Rosmalen J, Choi S, Miller M, Moolgavkar SH, Pinsky P, Berg CD, Berrington De Gonzalez A, Black W, Tammemagi MC, Hazelton W, Feuer E, McMahon P. Benefits and Harms of Computed Tomography Lung Cancer Screening Programs for High-Risk Populations. AHRQ Publication No. 13-05196-EF-2. . Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2013.
- McWilliams A, Tammemagi M, Mayo J, et al. Probability of cancer in pulmonary nodules detected on first screening computed tomography. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;369;10:910-9.
- Tammemagi M, Mayo J, Lam S. Cancer in Pulmonary Nodules Detected on First Screening CT - Reply to Correspondence to the Editor. The New England journal of medicine. 2013;369(21):2061-2.
- Hocking WG, Tammemagi MC, Commins J, Oken MM, Kvale PA, Hu P, Ragard LR, Riley TL, Pinsky P, Beck TM, Prorok PC. Diagnostic evaluation following a positive lung screening chest radiograph in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, Ovarian (PLCO) Cancer Screening Trial. Lung cancer (Amsterdam, Netherlands). 2013;82(2):238-44.
- Mehta HJ, Ravenel JG, Shaftman SR, Tanner NT, Paoletti L, Taylor KK,Tammemagi MC, Gomez M, Nietert PJ, Gould MK, Silvestri GA. The Utility of Nodule Volume in the Context of Malignancy Prediction for Small Pulmonary Nodules. CHEST. 2013. Epub published online 15 August 2013; DOI:10.1378/chest.13-0708.
- Sin D, Tammemagi MC, Lam S, Barnett M, Duan X, Tam A, Auman H, Feng Z, Goodman G, Hanash S, Taguchi. Pro-Surfactant Protein B As A Biomarker For Lung Cancer Prediction. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2013. Epub published online 18 Nov 2013, in print 7 Jan 2014; DOI: 10.1200/JCO.2013.50.6105.
- Patz EF, Pinsky P, Gatsonis C, Sicks JD, Kramer BS, Tammemagi MC, Chiles C, Black WC, Aberle DR, et al. Overdiagnosis in Low-Dose Computed Tomography Screening for Lung Cancer. JAMA Internal Medicine 2013. ePublished in advance of print 13 Dec 2013. DOI: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2013.12738
- de Koning H, Meza R, Plevritis S, ten Haaf K, Munshi V, Jeon J, Erdogan S, Kong C, Han S, van Rosmalen J, Choi S, Pinsky P, Berrington de Gonzalez A, Berg C, Black W, Tammemagi M, Hazelton W, Fueuer E, McMahon P. Benefits and harms of CT lung cancer screening strategies: a comparative modeling study for the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2013; ePublished in advance of print 31 December 2013. DOI: 10.7326/M13-2316
Office: STH 306
T 905 688 5550 x5169
F 905 688 8954
Dan Girdler (MA – Health & Physical Education) thesis defence: Friday, January 23, 2015
January 23, 2015 - 10:30am - 1:30pm
Jeff Biletchi (MA – Community Health) thesis defence: Thursday, January 15, 2015
January 15, 2015 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Be a Pan Am/Parapan Am Volunteer!
July 10, 2015 - 12:00pm - August 15, 2015 - 12:00pm