Applied Health Sciences - Community Health Sciences
- Rauth AM, Tammemagi M, Hunter G. Nascent DNA synthesis in ultraviolet light-irradiated mouse, human and Chinese hamster cells. Biophysical Journal 1974;14:209-220.
- Tammemagi M. Hazards of dogs licking humans' faces. Canadian Veterinary Journal 1989 Dec;30(12):929-31.
- Tammemagi MC, Frank JW, LeBlanc M, Artsob H, Streiner DL. Methodological issues in assessing reproducibility — A comparative study of various indices of reproducibility applied to repeat ELISA serologic tests for Lyme disease. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 1995;48:1123-1132.
- Tammemagi MC, Frank JW, Leblanc M, Artsob H. Intra- and interlaboratory reproducibility of an ELISA serological test for Lyme disease. Canadian Journal of Infectious Diseases 1995;6:90-95.
- Casson AG, Tammemagi M, Eskandarian S, Redston M, McLaughlin J, Ozcelik H. p53 alterations in esophageal cancer: association with clinicopathologic features, risk factors and survival. Journal of Clinical Pathology: Molecular Pathology 1998;51:71-79.
- Tammemagi MC, McLaughlin JR, Bull SB. Meta-analyses of p53 tumor suppressor gene alterations and clinicopathologic features in resected lung cancers. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 1999;8:625-634.
- Tammemagi MC, McLaughlin JR, Mullen JBM, Johnston MR, Bull S, Tsao M-S, Casson AG. A study of smoking, p53 tumor suppressor gene alterations and non-small cell lung cancer. Annals of Epidemiology 2000;10(3):176-185.
- Tammemagi CM. Correspondence: M.S. Tockman et al., Prospective detection of preclinical lung cancer: Results from two studies of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1 overexpression. Clinical Cancer Research 2000;6(4):1601-1603.
- Tammemagi CM, Neslund-Dudas C, Simoff M, Kvale P. Impact of comorbidity on lung cancer survival. International Journal of Cancer 2003;103:(6):792-802.
- Tammemagi CM, Neslund-Dudas C, Simoff M, Kvale P. Smoking and lung cancer survival – the role of comorbidity and treatment. CHEST 2004;125(1):27-37.
- Tammemagi CM, Neslund-Dudas C, Simoff M, Kvale P. In lung cancer patients, age, race-ethnicity, gender and smoking predict adverse comorbidity, which in turn predicts lung cancer treatment and survival. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2004; 57:597-609.
- Tammemagi CM, Neslund-Dudas C, Simoff M, Kvale P. Lung cancer symptoms – an independent predictor of survival and important mediator of African American disparity in survival. Cancer 2004;101:1655-63.
- Tammemagi CM, Nerenz D, Neslund-Dudas C, et al: Comorbidity and survival disparities among black and white patients with breast cancer. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) 2005;294:1765-72.
- Tammemagi CM, Freedman MT, Church TR, Oken MM, Hocking WG, Kvale PA, Hu P, Riley TL, Ragard LR, Prorok PC, Berg CD. Factors associated with human small aggressive non small cell lung cancer. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention. Oct 2007;16(10):2082-2089.
- Tammemagi CM. Racial/ethnic disparities in breast and gynecologic cancer treatment and outcomes. Current Opinion in Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2007;19:31-36.
- Pereira-Faca SR, Kuick R, Puravs E, Zhang Q, Krasnoselsky AL, Phanstiel D, Qiu J, Misek DE, Hinderer R, Tammemagi MC, Landi MT., Caporaso N, Pfeiffer R, Edelstein C, Goodman G, Barnett M, Thornquist M, Brenner D, Hanash SM. Identification of 14-3-3 theta as an antigen that induces a humoral response in lung cancer. Cancer Research, 67:12000-6, 2007.
- Braithwaite D, Tammemagi CM, Moore DH, Ozanne EM, Hiatt RA, Belkora J, West DW, Satariano WA, Liebman M, Esserman L. Hypertension is an independent predictor of survival disparity between African-American and white breast cancer patients. International Journal of Cancer 2009;124:1213-9.
- Tammemagi MC, Freedman MT, Pinsky PF, Oken MM, Hu P, Riley TL, Ragard LR, Berg CD, Prorok PC. Prediction of true positive lung cancers in individuals with abnormal suspicious chest radiographs: a prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian cancer screening trial study. Journal of Thoracic Oncology 2009; 4: 710-21.
- Andriole GL, Crawford ED, Grubb RL, 3rd, et al. Mortality results from a randomized prostate-cancer screening trial. The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM). Mar 26 2009;360(13):1310-1319. (The PLCO authorship list for this article was long and most study members were included in the article Appendix. Dr. Tammemagi appears on Appendix page 7, described as study epidemiologist.)
- DR Brenner, MC Tammemagi, SB Bull, D Pinnaduwaje, IL Andrulis. Using cancer registry data: Agreement in cause of death data between the Ontario Cancer Registry and a longitudinal study of breast cancer patients with intensive follow-up. Chronic Diseases in Canada, 2009 December;30(1):16-19.
- Tammemagi CM, Davis RM, Benninger MS, Holm A, Krajenta R. The role of secondhand smoke in chronic rhinosinusitis: A case-control study. Archives of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery. 2010;136(4):327-334.
- Wheatley-Price P, Yang B, Patsios D, Patel D, Ma C, Xu W, Leighl NB, Feld R, Cho BCJ, O'Sullivan B, Roberts H, Tsao MS, Tammemagi MC, Anraku M, Chen Z, de Perrot M, Liu G. Soluble mesothelin-related Peptide and osteopontin as markers of response in malignant mesothelioma. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2010;28:3316-22.
- Braithwaite D, Satariano WA, Sternfeld B, Hiatt RA, Ganz PA, Kerlikowske K, Moore DH, Slattery ML, Tammemagi CM, Castillo A, Melisko M, Esserman L, Weltzien EK, Caan BJ. Long-term prognostic role of functional limitations among women with breast cancer. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2010;102:1-10.
- The National Lung Screening Trial Team. The National Lung Screening Trial: Overview and study design. Radiology, Radiology 2011;258(1):243-53. (Dr. Tammemagi appears in the authorship Appendix.)
- Tammemagi MC, Lam S, McWilliams A, Sin D. Incremental value of pulmonary function and sputum DNA image cytometry in lung cancer risk prediction. Cancer Prevention Research. 2011:4(4);1-11.
- Tammemagi CM, Pinsky PF, Caporaso NE, et al. Lung cancer risk prediction: prostate, lung, colorectal and ovarian cancer screening trial models and validation. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2011;103(13):1058-68.
- The National Lung Screening Trial Research Team. Reduced Lung-Cancer Mortality with Low-Dose Computed Tomographic Screening. The New England journal of medicine 2011. (Dr. Tammemgi is described on page 9 of Supplemental Appendix as Co-Investigator/Epidemiologist.
Office: STH 306
T 905 688 5550 x5169
F 905 688 8954
Evan Webb (MA – Leisure Studies) thesis defence: Monday, May 27, 2013
May 27, 2013 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Jonathan Choptiany (MSc – Kinesiology) thesis defence: Friday, May 31, 2013
May 31, 2013 - 11:00am - 2:00pm
Amber (Alexis) Kerr (MA – Leisure Studies) thesis defence: Tuesday, May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 - 10:00am - 1:00pm