Applied Health Sciences - Health Sciences
- Rashid A, Liu C, Sanli T, Tsiani E, Singh G, Bristow RG, Dayes I, Lukka H, Wright J, Tsakiridis T. Resveratrol Enhances Prostate Cancer Cell response to Ionizing Radiation. Modulation of the AMPK, Akt and mTOR Pathways. Radiat Oncol. 2011 Oct 26;6(1):144. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sanli T, Liu C, Rashid A, Hopmans SN, Tsiani E, Schultz C, Farrell T, Singh G, Wright J, Tsakiridis T. Lovastatin sensitizes lung cancer cells to ionizing radiation: modulation of molecular pathways of radioresistance and tumor suppression.J Thorac Oncol. 2011 Mar;6(3):439-50.
- Zygmunt K, Faubert B, MacNeil J, Tsiani E. Naringenin, a citrus flavonoid, increases muscle cell glucose uptake via AMPK. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010 Jul 23;398(2):178-83. Epub 2010 Jun 15.
- Breen DM, Sanli T, Giacca A, Tsiani E. Stimulation of muscle cell glucose uptake by resveratrol through sirtuins and AMPK. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008 Sep 12;374(1):117-22. Epub 2008 Jul 2.
- M. C. Riddell, N. B. Ruderman, E. Tsiani and M. Vranic. The endocrine system: metabolic effects of the pancreatic, adrenal, thyroidal, and growth hormones. Chapter 9 in “Exercise Physiology: People and Ideas” C. M. Tipton ed., Published for the American Physiological Society by Oxford University Press 2003.
- Tsiani E, Lekas P, Fantus IG, Dlugosz J, Whiteside C. High glucose-enhanced activation of mesangial cell p38 MAPK by ET-1, ANG II, and platelet-derived growth factor. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Jan; 282(1):E161-9.
- Tsakiridis T, Tsiani E, Lekas P, Bergman A, Cherepanov V, Whiteside C, Downey GP. Insulin, insulin-like growth factor-I, and platelet-derived growth factor activate extracellular signal-regulated kinase by distinct pathways in muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001 Oct 19;288(1):205-11
- E.A. Glogowski, E. Tsiani, X. Zhou, I. G. Fantus, C. Whiteside. High glucose alters the response of mesangial cell protein kinase C isoforms to endothelin-1. Kidney International 55:486-499.1999
- T. Tsakiridis, P. Tong, B. Matthews, E. Tsiani, P. Bilan, A. Klip and G. P. Downey. Role of the actin cytoskeleton in insulin action. Microscopy Research and Technique. 47:79-92. 1999
- E. Tsiani and A. Giacca. Exercise and Diabetes. Canadian Journal of Diabetes Care. 22 (4): 39-46. 1998
- E. Tsiani, E. Bogdanovich, A. Sorisky, L. Naggy and I.G. Fantus. Tyrosine phosphatase inhibitors vanadate and pervanadate stimulate glucose transport and GLUT translocation in skeletal muscle cells by a mechanism independent of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, and protein kinase C. Diabetes. 147:1676-1686. 1998
- I.G. Fantus and E. Tsiani. Multifunctional actions of vanadium compounds on insulin signaling pathways: evidence for preferential enhancement of metabolic versus mitogenic effects. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry 182:109-119. 1998
Office: STH 311
T 905 688 5550 x3881
F 905 688 8954
Courtney Keogh (MA – Sport Management) thesis defence: Friday, March 28, 2014
March 28, 2014 - 10:00am - 1:00pm
Chancellor's Chair Lecture - John Hay
March 31, 2014 - 12:00pm - 1:30pm
Lorne Adams Retirement Celebration
April 25, 2014 - 4:00pm - 6:00pm