Centre for Health and Well-Being
- Phillips AA, Chirico D, Coverdale NS, Fitzgibbon LK, Shoemaker JK, Wade TJ, Cariney J, and O’Leary DD. The association between arterial properties and blood pressure in children. Appl Physiol Nutri Metab 40(1): 72-78, 2015.
- Chirico D, Wade TJ, Cairney J, Klentrou P, and O’Leary DD. Evidence of a hyperkinetic state in children with elevated blood pressure. Ann Hum Biol doi:10.3109/03014460.2014.940064, 2014.
- Pretty C, O’Leary DD, Cairney J, and Wade T. Adverse childhood experiences and the cardiovascular health of children: a cross-sectional study. BMC Pediatr doi: 10.1186/1471-2431-13-208, 2013.
- Phillips AA, and O’Leary DD. Letter by Phillips and O'Leary regarding article, "Systemic and pulmonary vascular dysfunction in children conceived by assisted reproductive technologies". Circ 127(9): e476, 2013.
- Ludwa IA, O’Leary DD, Wade TJ, Cairney J, Falk B, and Klentrou P. The effect of adiposity on the relationship between indicators of maturity in peri-pubertal children. Ann Hum Biol 40: 70-74, 2013.
- Fitzgibbon L, Coverdale N, Phillips A, Shoemaker JK, Klentrou P, Wade T, Cairney J, and O’Leary DD. The relationship between blood pressure and baroreflex sensitivity in children. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37: 301-307, 2012.
- Coverdale NS, Fitzgibbon LK, Reid GJ, Wade TJ, Cairney J, and O’Leary DD. Baroreflex sensitivity is associated with sleep-related breathing problems in adolescents. J Pediatr 160: 610-614, 2012.
- Coverdale NS, O’Leary DD, Faught BE, Chirico D, Hay J, and Cairney J. Baroreflex sensitivity is reduced in adolescents with probable developmental coordination disorder. Res Dev Disabil 33: 251-257, 2012.
- Chirico D, O’Leary DD, Cairney J, Haluka K, Coverdale NS, Klentrou P, Hay J, and Faught B. Longitudinal assessment of left ventricular structure and function in adolescents with developmental coordination disorder. Res Dev Disabil 33: 717-725, 2012.
- Chirico D, O'Leary D, Cairney J, Klentrou P, Haluka K, Hay J, and Faught B. Left ventricular structure and function in children with and without developmental coordination disorder. Res Dev Disabil 32: 115-123, 2011.
- Livingstone K, Peralta-Huertas J, Phillips A, Klentrou P, and O’Leary DD. Hemodynamic Response to Lower Body Negative Pressure in Children: A Pilot Study. Auton Neurosci 155: 115-120, 2010.
- Banach AM, Peralta-Huertas J, Livingstone K, Petrella N, Klentrou N, Faught B, Wade T, and O'Leary D. Arterial distensibility is reduced in overweigth pre- and early pubescent children. Eur J Pediatr 169: 695-703, 2010.
- Peralta-Huertas J, Livingstone K, Banach A, Panagiota K, and O'Leary D. Differences in left ventricular mass between overweight and normal-weight preadolescent children. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 33: 1172-1180, 2008.
- Falk B, Braid S, Moore M, O'Leary D, Sullivan P, and Klentrou P. Bone properties in overweight, pre- and early-pubertal boys. Ped Exerc Sci 20: 50-61, 2008.
- Fischer D, Arbeille F, Shoemaker JK, O'Leary DD, and Hughson RL. Altened hormonal regulation and blood flow distribution with cardiovascular deconditioning after short-duration head down bed rest. J Appl Physiol 103: 2018-2025, 2007.
- Watenpaugh D, O'Leary D, Schneider S, Lee S, Macias B, Kunihiko B, Hughson R, and Hargens A. Lower body negative pressure (LBNP) exercise plus brief post-exercise LBNP improves post-bed rest orthostatic tolerance. J Appl Physiol 103: 1964-1972, 2007.
- Banach A, Wade T, Cairney J, Hay J, Faught B, and O'Leary D. Comparison of anthropometry and parental-reported height and weight among nine year olds. Can J Public Health 98(4): 251-253, 2007.
- O'Leary DD, Hughson RL, Shoemaker JK, Greaves DK, Watenpaugh DE, Macias BR, and Hargens AR. Heterogeneity of responses to orthostatic stress in homozygous twins. J Appl Physiol 102: 249-254, 2007.
Director of the Brock-Niagara Centre for Health & Well-Being
Associate Professor, Health Sciences
Office: AS 325
T 905 688 5550 x4339
F 905 688 8954
Scholarship Information/Workshop Sessions - September and October
September 10, 2015 - 1:30pm - October 1, 2015 - 11:30am
Matthew (Matt) Warkentin (MSc – Health Sciences) thesis defence: Thursday, September 10, 2015
September 10, 2015 - 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Karen Hirshfeld (Leisure Studies) thesis defence: Monday, June 22, 2015
June 22, 2015 - 12:00pm - 3:00pm