Applied Health Sciences - Health Sciences
- Consuming Modernity: Gendered behaviour and consumerism before the baby boom (Vancouver, UBC Press, 2013 forthcoming) (ed. with Cheryl Krasnick Warsh).
- "'The same as a private home'? Social Clubs, Public Drinking and Liquor Control in Ontario 1934-44" Canadian Historical Review 93 (2012): 555-82.
- Try to Control Yourself: The Regulation of Public Drinking in Post-Prohibition Ontario, 1927-44 (Vancouver: UBC Press, 2012).
- “The Rise and Fall of the Rubby: Rubbing alcohol consumption and the meaning of addiction,” Social History of Alcohol and Drugs: An interdisciplinary journal (guest-edited) 25 (2011): 130-47.
- “‘Their medley of tongues and eternal jangle’: Liquor Control and Ethnicity in Ontario, 1927-1944” in The Real Dope: Social, Legal and Historical Perspectives on the Use and Regulation of Drugs in Canada, ed. Ed Montigny (Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2011): 123-47.
- "Crossing the line: Transnational drinking and the biopolitics of liquor regulation in Ontario, 1927-1944," in Smugglers, Brothels and Twine: Historical Perspectives on Contraband and Vice in North America, ed. Elaine Carey and Andrae Marak (Tucson: University of Arizona Press, 2011): 122-40.
- “‘A little more than a drink’: Liquor control and a night out in Niagara, 1927-1940s” in Niagara in Pieces: Studies in Local Popular Culture, ed. Barry Grant and Joan Nicks (Waterloo: Laurier University Press, 2010): 169-93.
- "Leisure, Liquor and Control: Negotiating recreation in the beverage rooms of post-prohibition Ontario, 1927-1939." Annals of Leisure Research 11 (2008): 368-85.
- "An innovation from across the line: The American drinker in Ontario border communities, 1927-1944." Journal of Canadian Studies/ Revue d’études canadiennes 41 (2007):151-71.
- "The bureaucratization of moral regulation: The LCBO and (not-so) Standard Hotel Licensing in Niagara, 1927-1944," Histoire Sociale/Social History Vol. 38 (May-mai 2005): 59-77
- "Professionalism and the boundaries of control: Pharmacists, physicians and dangerous substances in Canada, 1840-1908" Medical History Vol. 48 No. 2 (2004): 175-98.
- "'A State Bordering on Insanity'? Drug addiction in nineteenth-century Canadian public asylums" Canadian Bulletin of Medical History Vol. 16, No. 2 (1999): 247-70.
- "'Its Baneful Influences are too well known': Debates over drug use in Canada, 1867-1908" Canadian Bulletin of Medical History, 14 (1997): 263-88.
Office: STH 307
T 905 688 5550 x5108
F 905 688 8954
Angeliki Giannopoulou (MSc – Kinesiology) thesis defence: Wednesday, April 29, 2015
April 29, 2015 - 10:00am - 1:00pm
Satellite Walk-in Student Health Clinic
March 4, 2015 - 9:30am - 11:30am
PhD in Applied Health Sciences Thesis Defence – Daniele Chirico
April 27, 2015 - 1:00pm