Applied Health Sciences - Nursing
Explore our Academic Programs:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
Could you see yourself in an intensive clinical practice course at the end of your third year of study?
Do you want to learn using patient simulators that are programmed to mimic the same physical responses as patients?
Would you like to begin clinical practice courses in your first year of study?
There are two ways to obtain a four-year BScN degree
1) Complete all four years of the BScN degree program at Brock University.
2) Successfully complete your first two years at Loyalist College in Belleville, ON, and then transfer to Brock to complete Years 3 and 4.
As a Brock graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, you will be eligible to write the NCLEX-RN exam.
The Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN) has recognized Brock University’s commitment to excellence in nursing education by granting our nursing program a seven-year accreditation term, the highest level of CASN accreditation.
For more information about Brock Nursing (BScN) click here
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
(OUAC Code: BNS)
• ENG4U • SBI4U • SCH4U (min 75% in each required course)
• Recommended — One 4U Math
• Expected cut-off range — High 80s
All applications are handled by the Office of Admissions: email@example.com
For more information on Nursing Admissions click here
Nursing BScN Collaborative Program with Loyalist College
Required 4U Subjects: English (ENG4U) (min.75%), Biology (SBI4U) (min.75%), Chemistry (SCH4U) (min.75%)
Strongly recommended subject: One 4U math
(Application is made via the Ontario College's Application Service [OCAS])
For more information about the Collaborative Program click here
IMPORTANT ADMISSIONS UPDATE: Effective immediately.
If you are a current Brock Student Applying for a Change of Major to the Brock Nursing Program or a Brock graduate Applying to the Brock Nursing Program as a Second Degree please note:
Nursing is a highly competitive professional program with limited space. In order to ensure applicants are assessed equally, current Brock University students seeking a change of major, as well as second degree applicants wishing to apply to the BSc Honours Nursing program should do so via the 105D OUAC application (ouac.on.ca).
Admission is not guaranteed by meeting minimum requirements.
The following criteria will be used for assessment:
- One full-time year of study with a minimum 75% overall average. Conditional offers may be made based on one full-time semester of study (2.5 credits) with strong secondary school grade.
- Grade 4U English, 4U Biology and 4U Chemistry, (or equivalents from post-secondary study) each with a minimum 75%
- Beginning Fall 2017 one 4U mathematics (or equivalent) will also be required
Application deadline: February 5
Document deadline: February 12