Did You Know?
Each academic year, many students receive an academic penalty for engaging in academically dishonest behaviour. As well as the academic penalty, a letter of academic misconduct is placed in their academic file.
In many cases these students:
- never intended to plagiarize, or cheat.
- did not realize their behaviour was considered academically dishonest.
- simply did not know how to properly cite.
Avoiding plagiarism is not easy. It will require your student to be diligent and vigilant in their academic work.
Brock’s Academic Integrity program promotes AWARENESS, to ensure that students can develop the SKILLS and gain the KNOWLEDGE they need to be academically successful.
Your student will need:
- to be aware of the academic expectations placed on their academic work.
- to develop their academic integrity skills.
These are importants steps to your students academic success.
The easiest way for your student to help themselves… is to ASK
Quote of the Month
“Integrity is the essence of everything successful.”
• R. Buckminster Fuller